Deadline: May 6th, 2019
Click here to go to our abstract portal.
The American Medical Rehabilitation Providers Association (AMRPA) will host the 17th Annual Educational Conference & Expo at the Loews Conorondo Bay Resort in San Diego, CA on October 14-16th, 2019. The conference will focus on the latest and most innovative strategies to keep rehabilitation professionals ahead of the curve, and provide the highest quality of care and advocacy efforts in theinterest of inpatient rehabilitation hospitals and units, outpatient rehabilitation centers, and other medical rehablitation providers.
Call for Abstracts
AMRPA encourages you to share your knowledge, case studies, and experience in these 5 categories:
- Business Operations & Leadership Development: Productivity, LOS/Cost Management, Team Building, Employee Management, Leadership, Succession and Strategic Planning, Program Development
- Clinical Care Delivery - A Team Approach: Safety, Quality, Clinical Best Practices, (including Innovative Therapies and Nursing Techniques), Medication Management, Wound Care, Infection Control, Pressure Injury Prevention, Fall Prevention
- Regulatory, Legislative, and Accreditation Matters: Documentation of Medical Necessity, RAC Audit, 60% Rule Compliance Issues, Joint Commission, CARF Prep, Regulatory/Legislative Updates, Hot Button Issues
- Marketing and Relationship Management: Census Building, Referral Development, Breaking Down Barriers to Admission, Transition of Care, Customer Service/Satisfaction, Differentiating Acute Rehab from Subacute Care and other Post-Acute Settings
- Topics Outside the Box: All other proposals that may not fit into one of the above four categories - we encourage you to submit any idea or topic that you feel would be of value to our attendees!
Call for Posters
AMRPA is also currently soliciting proposals for poster presentations that describe original work in any area in the field of medical rehabilitation. The interactive poster and networking reception is one of the most highly attended events of the conference, and is a fun, casual, and informative event with drink and beverage provided by AMRPA. The guidelines are as follows:
- A poster is a visually formatted presentation of a topic using charts, graphs, illustrations, and photographs to supplement a narrative.
- The topic may be clinical or research based, or describe new techniques, procedures, or technologies in the field of medical rehabilitation.
- The presenter must be available at the designated time, as specified in the program, to discuss with conference attendees.
- Posters will not be available to conference attendees until the day of, and will be available for viewing during and after the interactive poster and networking session.
All oral and poster submissions must include an abstract of no more than 500 words. Abstracts should be written so as to be self-contained and to provide the technical substance required for the Education Committee to evaluate the presentation’s contribution to the medical rehabilitation community. The submission may contain a brief description of the intended layout of the poster.
All oral presentations are 45 minutes long, including time for questions.
Three weeks after the portal has been closed, the Education Committee will announce the chosen abstracts and posters to be presented at the 2019 Fall Conference. Acceptance letters will be sent to the email address provided in the abstract submission portal. All proposals will be evaluated for originality, significance, clarity, and relevance to the field of medical rehabilitation. Oral abstracts that have not been chosen may be offered to be presented as a poster.
To submit your AMRPA Fall Conference abstract, please follow this link.
If you have any questions, please contact Julia Scott, AMRPA Member Services Coordinator, at JScott@AMRPA.org