AMRPA Congressional Outreach Boot Camp
Sunday, October 13 from 3:00-4:00pm ET
For the first time, AMRPA will hold a Congressional Outreach Boot Camp in addition to our IRF Boot Camp. This pre-conference course is designed to coach attendees through the process of determining your Members of Congress, setting up meetings and tours, locating AMRPA resources and talking points, and most importantly, advocating on behalf of the medical rehabilitation field. Get ready to support the AMRPA advocacy effort with our expert government relations team, as they review AMRPA’s top policy priorities and prepare you to successfully defend our association’s positions. Grassroots advocacy in our industry has never been more important – this session will show you everything you need to know!
This one-hour course will explore the following:
- The importance of advocacy
- How to determine your Congressional Representative(s)
- Preparing for and holding effective meetings with Members of Congress and/or their staff
- Techniques and tips for effective engagement with Members of Congress
- Policy priorities for AMRPA and the entire medical rehabilitation field
- How to remain engaged with Congress after your meeting
Face-to-face meetings are the most effective way to inform and influence legislators and their staff about the top priorities facing the medical rehabilitation field. By learning to successfully meet with Members of Congress, you will begin to build relationships that will benefit you and your hospital in the long run.
Check back soon for a full list of speakers and topics. Register for the Congressional Boot Camp today!