Is Certification Right for You?
The Medical Rehabilitation Management Certification is intended not only for current medical rehabilitation managers, but also for clinicians who want to advance their careers by moving into management roles. The target audience includes rehab managers and clinical leaders such as nurse supervisors, nurse leaders, neuro team leaders, therapy team leaders, etc. Review the eligibility requirements below and refer to the MRMC Candidate Handbook for a complete overview of the program policies and procedures.
*The deadline for the current application window is July 1st; however, the application system will remain open until July 7th for applicants to update applications that are incomplete.
Important Dates and Deadlines
Application Window - Now Closed
June 1, 2021 – July 1, 2021
July 1, 2021 – July 31, 2021
Stay Tuned for More Information on Upcoming Windows!
The following information will need to be entered or uploaded when completing the application.
- Applicants will be required to enter the name of the institution, date of completion, and major.
- Applicants will be required to upload a copy of their diploma or transcript demonstrating completion of a Bachelor’s Degree in rehabilitation related field, or related business discipline. (Rehabilitation related fields include Nursing, Physical Therapy, Occupational Therapy, Speech Therapy, Alternative therapies, Case Management, Public Health, etc.)
- Professional Work Experience
- Applicants will be required to enter the name of employer, name of supervisor or HR contact, and email address for each employer necessary to demonstrate the required work experience of one (1) year in a rehabilitation setting and (1) year in a supervisory position.
- Professional References
- Applicants are required to have two (2) professional reference forms completed;
- One (1) professional reference from a supervisor
- One (1) professional reference from a colleague
- Professional reference forms may be uploaded in the application, or emailed to references directly from the application system.
*Please note: If you send the reference request email through the application system, the response must be received from your reference before you can submit the application for approval.
Please allow up to two weeks for your application to be approved. Upon approval, candidates will be provided instructions to schedule their online proctored certification exam.
Applications will not be reviewed until after payment is received. The exam fee is included with your application fee.
- AMRPA Member - $395
- Non-member - $495
During the inaugural MRMC application window, all AMRPA Members will receive a $50 discount on their application fees.
In addition, Bioness, Inc. has generously offered to provide additional $50 scholarship donations for the first 100 applicants of the MRMC exam. Apply Now and take advantage of these opportunities to save!
Multiple Candidate Discount
AMRPA is also offering a Multiple Candidate Discount to hospitals and units paying for multiple applicants. For more information, please contact Elizabeth Katsion at [email protected].
- 2-4 candidates – 10% discount
- 5-9 candidates – 15% discount
- 10+ candidates – 20% discount
Candidates will be allowed one retake attempt.* There is a retesting fee of $70, charged by Examity® to cover the cost of the proctored exam, payable upon scheduling of the retake attempt.
- AMRPA Member - $70
- Non-member - $70
*Candidates who sit for the exam in the inaugural exam window will receive one free retake attempt.
How to Apply
Applications are submitted here on the AMRPA website on June 1, 2021. You may save your application and return to complete it. Your application will not be advanced to review until payment is received.