The American Medical Rehabilitation Providers Association – AMRPA – is the nation’s only trade organization dedicated solely to the interests of Inpatient Rehabilitation Hospitals and Units (IRH/U), outpatient rehabilitation centers, and other medical rehabilitation providers. Our focus is on collective advocacy – working together to advance the field of medical rehabilitation and to support the medical rehabilitation needs of persons with disabilities.
AMRPA provides its members with the knowledge and tools to successfully navigate the challenges facing medical rehabilitation providers and adapt to the changing federal regulatory environment.
Among the many issues AMRPA targets are the Recovery Audit Contractor Program (RAC); bundling; Health Care Reform; the 75% Rule implementation and study; annual budget proposals; research and demonstration projects on the future of Post Acute Care Services, such as the Post Acute Care Payment Reform Demonstration Project (CARE tool); and Outpatient Therapy Payment alternatives.
To best serve our growing constituency, AMRPA offers a wide range of programs, informational tools, educational activities and member benefits.
- AMRPA represents and advocates for the interests of medical rehabilitation providers to Congress and the Administration.
- AMRPA monitors and continuously informs members on the development and implementation of federal law, policy and regulation.
- AMRPA prepares comments, letters of support/opposition and provider testimonies on legislative and regulatory issues facing medical rehabilitation providers.
- AMRPA promotes the funding and conduct of research to advance the field and to develop evidence-based practice and public policy.
Members are kept informed of all significant Policy, Legislative and Regulatory issues affecting medical rehabilitation providers via:
- “Action Advisory Alerts” – timely electronic updates, along with the availability of pertinent documents.
- Off the Record - a weekly electronic newsletter which provides summary information on current legislative and regulatory issues.
- AMRPA Magazine – a monthly report on medical rehabilitation matters and trends, including in-depth analysis of legislative, regulatory and operational issues.
- AMRPA sponsors the highly acclaimed eRehabData® for use by its members and incorporates available data in advocacy and educational initiatives.
- Members can participate in AMRPA’s quarterly “Membership Calls,” which provide timely information on emerging developments and issues affecting the field.
- AMRPA collects and disseminates data and analysis of national and regional trends in medical rehabilitation to all members.
Education & Participation:
- AMRPA hosts many educational seminars and conferences throughout the year to target current legislative, regulatory, operational, financial and strategic issues. Members receive discounted registration.
- AMRPA-sponsored events provide a unique opportunity for members to network with colleagues and industry leaders and discuss issues of common interest.
- Members have access to the “Members Only” section on the AMRPA website.
- AMRPA supports members in their grassroots efforts to educate Congressional representatives on issues of importance to the medical rehabilitation community.
- Members may increase their activity by serving on AMRPA’s Board of Directors and/or committees.
- All members are listed in AMRPA’s Membership Directory.
- Operational Assistance
- AMPRA researches, develops and distributes specialized tool kits to support and assist members with key issues, such as the Medicare Appeals Process.
- AMRPA staff are available to facilitate access to information or expertise on a broad range of concerns, including productivity, staffing models and other business challenges.
- Members can obtain information, submit queries and post employment opportunities on the AMRPA website at no charge.