The MRMC certification exam includes 150 multiple choice questions* (120 scored items, as well as 30 unscored beta items for use on future exams.) The exam is offered via Online Proctored Testing through our exam development partner, Certification Management Services and online proctoring partner, Examity®. Candidates will be allowed 3 hours to complete the exam. Review the technical and testing requirements to participate in online proctored testing below.
The MRMC certification exam focuses on six exam domains including;
- Foundations of Rehabilitation
- Compliance and Ethics - Accreditation, Regulatory
- Hospital Processes
- Electronic Medical Records (EMR)
- Strategic Plan - Tactical Components
- Leadership Skills
The MRMC exam is designed for candidates with one year of experience in the role of medical rehabilitation management. Candidates are encouraged to review the complete Exam Content Outline in the Exam Guide to identify areas where they would require additional preparation.
AMRPA has developed an Exam Guide to familiarize Candidates with the development and outline of the Exam Content as well as the structure of exam items.
The exam guide includes:
- Exam content outline
- Testing objectives in each of the six exam domains.
- Related References for exam preparation
- A selection of sample items
Review the MRMC Exam Guide.
AMRPA Educational Activities for Exam Preparation
AMRPA has a number of educational offerings that highlight areas included in the body of knowledge upon which the MRMC exam is based. See below for upcoming live and recorded virtual activities.
Advanced IRF Boot Camp - Recordings Available NOW!
Building off our highly-rated IRF Boot Camp offered at the Annual Educational Conference, the Advanced IRF Boot Camp will deepen attendee knowledge and application of setting an operational vision, referral development strategies for rehab programs of any size, using data in program improvement, and reducing internal and external barriers to entry for an IRF. Among the valuable information shared, these sessions will touch on content included in the Hospital Processes and Strategic Plan sections of the MRMC Exam.
Recording Purchase includes four 90 minutes recordings and includes 6.0 hours of CME/CE credit.
Thank you to Bob Bianchi for chairing these great sessions, our new advanced IRF boot camp is sure to be a hit!
Exam Content Related Webinar Recordings
Hospital Processes and The Foundation of Rehabilitation - Recording Available NOW!
Presented by: Valerie Pasnau, DNP, MBA, MSN, RN, CRRN, PCCN, Vice President, Clinical Development & Operations, Vibra Healthcare
June 29, 2021; 2 p.m. - 3 pm.. Eastern
EMR, Compliance and Ethics - Recording Available NOW!
Presented by: Terrence C. Carolan, MSPT, AVP, Program Development and Education, Select Medical
July 6, 2021; 12 p.m. - 1 p.m. Eastern
Requirements for Online Proctored Examinations
Upon application approval, candidates will receive a URL and instructions to login to the CMS TESTWise System and schedule their proctored exam. This is the same URL that will be used on your exam date. Prior to your exam date, candidates should review the Candidate Handbook and follow the provided verification steps to insure your computer and testing location both meet the minimum requirements for online proctored examination.
- You must use a laptop or desktop computer running Microsoft Windows or Mac OSX (no phones or tablets)
- You must use a supported browser; Chrome, Firefox, or Edge (not Safari or Internet Explorer)
- You must have a webcam, microphone, and speakers, which must function and remain on throughout the exam.
- Your computer must be connected to a power source.
- You can only use one display. If you have a second display, it must be unplugged.
- The only software that is allowed to run on your computer is the meeting software and the web browser where you are logged in to Examity’s proctoring portal.
Standard Test Day Rules
- You must show the proctor a valid (not expired) government issued photo ID. You will be required to hold the ID in front of you webcam. The proctor will need to clearly see your name, photo, and expiration date.
- You must be alone in the room.
- Your desk and area around the desk must be clear. The proctor will ask you to do a complete 360 degree room pan and desk sweep with your webcam to ensure your workspace is clear of any materials unauthorized by your test sponsor. (No papers, Post-It or other sticky notes, books, electronic devices, phones, etc.)
- You cannot leave your seat.
- You cannot use headphones or a phone during the exam.
- You cannot talk except when communicating with the proctor.
- The proctor must be able to see you for the duration of the exam.