MRMC Exam Content and Preparation
The MRMC certification exam includes 150 multiple choice questions* (120 scored items, as well as 30 unscored beta items for use on future exams.) The exam is offered via Online Proctored Testing through our exam development partner, Certification Management Services and online proctoring partner, Examity®. Candidates will be allowed 3 hours to complete the exam. Review the technical and testing requirements to participate in online proctored testing below.
The MRMC certification exam focuses on six exam domains including;
- Foundations of Rehabilitation
- Compliance and Ethics - Accreditation, Regulatory
- Hospital Processes
- Electronic Medical Records (EMR)
- Strategic Plan - Tactical Components
- Leadership Skills
The MRMC exam is designed for candidates with one year of experience in the role of medical rehabilitation management. Candidates are encouraged to review the complete Exam Content Outline in the Exam Guide to identify areas where they would require additional preparation.
AMRPA has developed an Exam Guide to familiarize Candidates with the development and outline of the Exam Content as well as the structure of exam items.
The exam guide includes:
- Exam content outline
- Testing objectives in each of the six exam domains.
- Related References for exam preparation
- A selection of sample items
Review the MRMC Exam Guide.
AMRPA Educational Activities for Exam Preparation
AMRPA has a number of educational offerings that highlight areas included in the body of knowledge upon which the MRMC exam is based. See below for upcoming live and recorded virtual activities. Stay tuned for NEW resources coming soon!
2022 Advanced IRF Boot Camp
June 14-15, 2022
Building off the highly-rated IRF Boot Camp offered at AMRPA's Annual Fall Educational Conference, the 2022 Advanced IRF Boot Camp will deepen attendee knowledge and application of IRF rehabilitation nursing and IRF financial management, strategies for admitting diverse patients and securing prior authorization, and much more. Attendees who will most benefit are rehabilitation professionals with a basic knowledge of rules and regulations in the field, and how they are applied on a day-to-day basis. Attendees are also ideally in a position to identify areas for improvement at their facility and want to benefit from the experiences and knowledge of colleagues. The 2022 Advanced IRF Boot Camp will be two days of 3-hour live virtual educational sessions taking place Tuesday, June 14 and Wednesday, June 15 from 11:00 a.m. - 2:00 p.m. ET. Registration includes the two days of live sessions and session recordings following the event.
Learn More and Register Today!
Exam Content Related Webinar Recordings
Hospital Processes and The Foundation of Rehabilitation - Recording Available NOW!
Presented by: Valerie Pasnau, DNP, MBA, MSN, RN, CRRN, PCCN, Vice President, Clinical Development & Operations, Vibra Healthcare
EMR, Compliance and Ethics - Recording Available NOW!
Presented by: Terrence C. Carolan, MSPT, AVP, Program Development and Education, Select Medical
Requirements for Online Proctored Examinations
Upon application approval, candidates will receive a URL and instructions to login to the CMS TESTWise System and schedule their proctored exam. This is the same URL that will be used on your exam date. Prior to your exam date, candidates should review the Candidate Handbook and follow the provided verification steps to insure your computer and testing location both meet the minimum requirements for online proctored examination.
- You must use a laptop or desktop computer running Microsoft Windows or Mac OSX (no phones or tablets)
- You must use a supported browser; Chrome, Firefox, or Edge (not Safari or Internet Explorer)
- You must have a webcam, microphone, and speakers, which must function and remain on throughout the exam.
- Your computer must be connected to a power source.
- You can only use one display. If you have a second display, it must be unplugged.
- The only software that is allowed to run on your computer is the meeting software and the web browser where you are logged in to Examity’s proctoring portal.
Standard Test Day Rules
- You must show the proctor a valid (not expired) government issued photo ID. You will be required to hold the ID in front of you webcam. The proctor will need to clearly see your name, photo, and expiration date.
- You must be alone in the room.
- Your desk and area around the desk must be clear. The proctor will ask you to do a complete 360 degree room pan and desk sweep with your webcam to ensure your workspace is clear of any materials unauthorized by your test sponsor. (No papers, Post-It or other sticky notes, books, electronic devices, phones, etc.)
- You cannot leave your seat.
- You cannot use headphones or a phone during the exam.
- You cannot talk except when communicating with the proctor.
- The proctor must be able to see you for the duration of the exam.