Call for Abstracts: Fall Educational Conference & Expo
Submission Deadline: April 27, 2020
View the Abstract Portal
The American Medical Rehabilitation Providers Association (AMRPA), the nation's only organization dedicated solely to the interests of inpatient rehabilitation providers, invites you to submit abstracts and posters for our 18th Annual Fall Educational Conference & Expo, October 4-7, 2020 in Dallas, TX.
This three-and-a-half day conference, including our full-day IRF Boot Camp, offers operational and clinical insight, strategies and resources to help attendees advance the delivery of quality care, treatment and outcomes at inpatient rehabilitation hospitals and units.
Call for Abstracts
AMRPA's 2020 Fall Educational Conference & Expo will feature six main tracks, in addition to plenary and other special sessions. The tracks have been designed to address the information and education needs of medical rehabilitation providers, including key updates and changes in the field, as well as topics identified from the 2019 conference program evaluations. Suggested subject matter is included below:
Business Operations & Leadership Development
- Productivity, LOS/Cost Management, Team Building, Employee Management, Leadership, Succession and Strategic Planning, Program Development
Clinical Care Delivery - A Team Approach
- Safety, Quality, Transition of Care, Clinical Best Practices, (including Innovative Therapies and Nursing Techniques), Medication Management, Wound Care, Infection Control, Pressure Injury Prevention, Fall Prevention
Regulatory, Legislative, and Accreditation Matters
- Documentation of Medical Necessity, RAC Audit, 60% Rule Compliance Issues, Joint Commission, CARF Prep, Regulatory/Legislative Updates, Hot Button Issues
Marketing and Relationship Management
- Census Building, Referral Development, Breaking Down Barriers to Admission, Customer Service/Satisfaction, Differentiating Acute Rehab from Subacute Care and other Post-Acute Settings, Marketing and Communications Strategies
New! Technology, Research and Innovation
- Telemedicine, Durable Medical Equipment
Topics Outside the Box
- Have a presentation in mind that doesn't fit into one of these five tracks? Submit your abstract to the "Other" track for consideration. We encourage you to offer any idea or topic that you feel would be of value to our conference attendees.
Call for Posters
AMRPA is also currently soliciting proposals for poster presentations that describe original work in any area in the field of medical rehabilitation. The interactive poster and networking reception is always one of the most highly attended events on the conference agenda. It's a fun, casual and informative event with drinks and appetizers provided by AMRPA. The guidelines are as follows:
- A poster is a 48x36” visually formatted presentation of a topic using charts, graphs, illustrations, and photographs to supplement a narrative.
- The topic may be clinical or research based, or describe new techniques, procedures, or technologies in the field of medical rehabilitation.
- The presenter must be available at the designated time, as specified in the program, to discuss with conference attendees.
New for 2020! One poster will be honored with the AMRPA People's Choice Award for Best Poster. Attendees will be asked to vote on the poster that best showcases an impactful or innovated program or project in the field of medical rehabilitation. The winner will recieve special recognition in post-conference communications.
All presentation ideas should be submitted via AMRPA's online abstract portal. To submit an abstract, click here and create a free account with Precis. All submissions will require presenter(s) contact information as well as a current CV/resume for continuing education purposes.
Oral and poster submissions must include an abstract of no more than 500 words. Abstracts should be written so as to be self-contained and to provide the technical substance required for the AMRPA Education Committee to evaluate the presentation’s contribution to the medical rehabilitation community. Abstracts lacking clear descriptions of project outcomes and key takeaways for learners will not be accepted.
In addition to providing three (3) specific learning objectives, all authors will be asked to indicate the key takeaways - the practical tools, solutions and/or resources they will provide to attendees.
All oral presentations are 45 minutes long, including time for questions.
Three weeks after the portal has been closed, the AMRPA Education Committee will announce the abstracts and posters chosen for presentation at the 2020 Fall Conference. Acceptance letters will be sent to the email address provided in the abstract submission portal. Oral abstracts that have not been selected may be offered the opportunity to be presented as a poster.
Submissions will be evaluated according to the following criteria:
- Scientific Quality
- Relevance, Constructiveness and Contribution to the Field of Medical Rehabilitation
- Clarity and Organization
- Freedom from Bias
Submit Your Abstract Today
If you have any questions, please contact Kirsten Lew, AMRPA Education Specialist.