What We Do
To best serve our growing constituency, AMRPA offers a wide range of programs, informational tools, educational activities and member benefits, which are detailed in our membership brochure.
- AMRPA represents and advocates for the interests of medical rehabilitation providers to Congress and the Administration and monitors the development and implementation of federal law, policy and regulations.
- AMRPA prepares comments, letters of support/opposition and provider testimonies on legislative and regulatory issues facing medical rehabilitation providers and promotes the funding and conduct of research to advance the field and to develop evidence based practice and public policy.
- AMRPA supports members in their grassroots efforts to educate Congressional representatives on issues of importance to the medical rehabilitation community.
- AMRPA promotes the funding of research to advance the field and to develop evidence based practice and public policy through the ARA Research Institute.
AMRPA keeps members informed of all significant policy, legislative and regulatory issues affecting medical rehabilitation providers through:
- Off the Record electronic weekly newsletter
- Includes up to date summary information on legislative and regulatory issues affecting Medical Rehabilitation providers.
- Action Alerts
- Timely electronic alerts to AMRPA members designed to mobilize national member responses to critical issues requiring Congressional action.
- "Membership Calls”
- Provide timely information on emerging developments and issues affecting the field (as needed).
- Incorporates available data in advocacy and educational initiatives. AMRPA collects and distributes data and analyses of national and regional trends in medical rehabilitation to all members. It is owned by AMRPA.
Education & Participation
- Spring and Fall conferences, regional meetings, and webinars.
- Provide the latest intelligence information and facts about the “hot” issues impacting medical rehabilitation providers including: legislative, regulatory, operational, financial and strategic issues. Members receive discounted and priority registration to all programs.
- Provide incredible networking with professionals and leaders in medical rehabilitation.
- Educational training through internet-based programs that include earning continuing education units.
- “Members Only” privileges include complete access to all information on the AMRPA website.
- All members are listed and have online access to AMRPA’s membership directory.
- Find a Provider feature helps to locate AMRPA member hospitals in your area
- Social Media
- Designed to provide information and opportunities for members to network with each other.
- Members are eligible to serve and participate on the Committees of the AMRPA’s Board of Directors and are invited to increase their involvement in shaping AMRPA’s Advocacy Agenda.
- Find A Provider Feature
- Allows the public to locate AMRPA member hospitals in their area.
- Recorded webinars, an archive of AMRPA magazine, recordings of Members-Only calls are all available for view or purchase.
- Career Center
- Allows members to post resumes or look for jobs in the medical rehailitation field at a discounted price.
- AMRPA researches, develops and distributes specialized tool kits to support and assist members with key issues, such as the Medicare Appeals Approach.
- AMRPA staff is available to facilitate access to information or expertise on a broad range of issues, and business challenges.
- Members can obtain information on the AMRPA website at no charge
To complete an online membership application please navigate to the "Membership" page.